Saturday, 9 November 2013

A week to go and I am nearly ready. I have arranged my transport to India and am being picked up when I get to Bangalore. I have a train booked to Mysore on Monday and am being met there.
I have also arranged to attend a wedding of some friends from Hamilton in Cochin the following Monday.
I have completed my i-to-i TEFL course which qualifies me to teach English overseas.
I have even prepared the first three lessons, which are designed to analyse the level of english skills of reading, writing and speaking of the students. I have an assessment sheet for each of them and name tags for them to wear until I get to know their names.
Having all the India pieces in place, I am now spending the last week getting things ready at school. Correcting student work, writing their reports and preparing lessons for when I am away have consumes much of my time. In addition, I have a class sitting for the Religion and Society Unit 3 & 4 Exam on Monday, after I have left. I will review their essays and exam technique during the week and then I have a picture of myself to put in the window near the door to the exam. It has my three main reminders on it. It also says that I won't wish them lucy. I believe in the saying, "the harder I work, the luckier I get."
Next Blog will be from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment