Monday, 16 December 2013

Twas the week before Christmas, almost.


It is Monday  December 16th and the Brothers and Sisters are preparing for various Christmas events. The Brothers are preparing a Skit and some songs for tonight's celebrations. I think they may be including my First Aid lesson in their skit. I wouldn't be surprised to to see the volley ball inside a dress getting some compressions.
On Friday the sisters had their Program for the Disabled event with the Bishop and the local politicians and religious assembling. They danced in their saris and looked fantastic.
I had a trip to Mysore on Saturday morning and helped with the brothers Christmas Shopping. I am helping the brothers and sisters with their English as much as possible. They need help to construct their sentences, speak them in the proper order and read and write in English not in the structure of their Mother Tongues.
Yesterday, Sunday I went into Mysore on my own on the motorbike. There was a market and it was exciting. I got lost but didn't care.  I just kept looking for a sign that said Bogadi and I was on my way home.
Christmas will be great if our plans come together. Jineesha's family then a resort for  week.
Liam will be with me until Dec 28th when he will fly to Cambodia to meet Shell.
I am correcting student's work after a lunch of rice, curry, vegetables and fried onion donuts. I will be eating the pink equivalent of Quickeze all day and I have to struggle to stay awake.
My health is good and my spirits are high. I got word this morning that two of my R&S (Religion and Society Unit 3 & 4) students got 40s. One got a 46. This is the first year in the last 6 years I have been teaching it that I have had such successful students. I was hopeful since I usually don't have students putting in that much effort for their 6th subject. 
This is an interrupted week with singing practices and a variety of distractions but I am looking forward to an overnight trip on Sunday morning to Cochin. I will keep teaching and marking until them.

Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment